Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Vampire

Black, zip-up blazer with ribbon detailing, Moda International. Red silk wrap blouse with ruffled neck, Newport News. Black, lace top cami, New York & Company. Black, pinstriped pants, Forever 21. Cameo, vintage (from goodwill.com). Black, round-toe pumps with cutouts, Etienne Aigner.

I didn’t realize until after I took this photo that my ensemble looks rather vampiric. I vant to suck your blood! All I need is a pair of fangs to complete the look. Seriously, I’ve worn too much black lately. I tend to pull on black (and red) when I can’t decide what to wear. It always looks sharp, if a bit dramatic.

And speaking of drama, by blazer and blouse are “almost famous.” I was in the world premiere of the musical “The Gospel According to Tammy Faye” last June. We mostly costumed ourselves. I wore the blouse as a drag queen and the jacket as a member of the jury. Can you find me (and my famous duds) in the photos?

No comments: