Monday, January 08, 2007

Frumpy

Black cardigan with sequin and ribbon embellishment, It’s Our Time (could there BE a cheesier brand name?) Pale blue shirt, Bebe. Plaid skirt, Petite Sophisticate (thrifted). Black tights, Danskin. Black pumps, Etienne Aigner. Cameo choker, vintage.

I feel frumpy in this outfit. I think it’s the shoes. I wish I had stiletto-heeled, pointy-toe, shiny black boots. I will have to hit the end-of-season sales for those. I’ve wanted a pair for over a year now. It seems shamefully decadent to own TWO pairs of black boots, but my current black boots (matte, rectangular toe, chunky heel) are too heavy for many of my outfits. When dressing this morning, I figured these black pumps and tights were the lesser of two evils.

I’ve had this Bebe shirt since early 2000. Bebe used to be chock full of these empire-waisted, cap-sleeved, microfiber shirts (without the obnoxious logo). Then, they disappeared. Will they ever come back? I haven’t checked the local Bebe in over a year, so maybe they already did. I’d love some more.

No head today because my eyes looked psycho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lipstick is ravishing! The pale blue shirt defining your upper torso and Cameo choker overcome any frumpiness.

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

OK this maxi skirt is really nice but I don't like the rest. It definitely looks matronly and old with those style pumps and black tights. I am dying to see your Fashion revolution through your blogs, year after year in 4 years. I am sure some outfits will amaze me, as many of Londyn's outfits, have already. ;-) You are both 2 Fashionista Friends from Cincinatti. ;-)