Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Vamp

Sheer shrug and rose bracelet, Forever 21. Cami and dress (shortened), NY & Co. Maryjanes, Two Lips. Cameo, shopgoodwill.com.

I must confess to having gorged myself on teen supernatural fiction lately. I started with the Twilight series, dabbled with werewolves in Moon Called, returned to vampires with the House of Night series, and expanded to fairies with Tithe and its sequel. I blush every time I retrieve another book from my library hold list. What must the librarians think of this old lady walking out with yet another young adult novel bearing dark, but suggestive, images on its cover? Ah, well. My shame isn’t enough to stop me from continuing to consume mental junk food. It may be drivel, but it makes the bus ride go quickly.


I don’t know what I’m doing in that last photo, but it was too funny not to post.

12 comments:

Nana Erin said...

I loved the Twilight books, and just started House of Night. May I suggest the "Uglies" Trilogy? Not Vamps, but still very cool.

Speaking of Vamps, I might just sell my soul for those Mary Janes.

e said...

I love that bracelet! I knew I should have gotten it!

Looking fab as usual.

Sheila said...

You look lovely...although the ruching on the dress at the waist isn't doing you any favours. It would look better if it were smoother.

I confess to also being a junkie for vamp novels. I highly recommend the "Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter" series by Laurel K. Hamilton. She's been writing them for years - I recently blasted through about 7 of them (and completely abandoned by book club book).

Sheila said...

Oh, and if you get HBO, check out "True Blood" (by Alan Ball of "American Beauty" and "Six Feet Under"), which is based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris (they are very funny and sexy).

~Corey said...

I love your shoes! And that last picture is hilarious.

Nic Ridley said...

I love that velvet and color - so rich looking.

Mrs. Cole said...

The shrug is a bit Golden Girls to me, but I love the dress and the shoes. :)

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I don't think there's an age limit to teen supernatural fiction. I'm 27 and have read the Twilight series, am reading Moon Called right now, just finished Tithe on Monday, and have the House of Night's #1 book in my current stack. And you are so not an old lady :)

You know, if you started a book blog to review the books you've read, I'd totally read it. We seem to have similar taste.

Katy said...

Ooh! Read Eragon by Christopher Paolini! It's not quite the same genre but I think you might like it.

Kasmira said...

work with what you've got - Just put a hold on Uglies!

sheila - I read the first Anita Blake novel...but it just didn't do anything for me. Perhaps I should give a second novel a try.

KD - I've totally read it! You've reminded me, though, that the third book is FINALLY out and I should add it to my hold list at the library.

All - obviously, I read A LOT. :)

Jane said...

I loved Twilight and I'm 42!I passed it on to my son's 17-year-old girlfriend.

SHOEGAL said...

I still read SVH sometimes and I'm 29!

Love the dress and the bonkers photo at the bottom.