Monday, April 27, 2009

Days of Wine and Roses

Blouse, Daytrip. Skirt, Moda International. Pumps, Delicious. Jet bead necklace (wrapped around wrist), thrifted. Rose bracelet, Forever 21. Rose brooch, thrifted. Hair clip, self-made. Cat toy, Cat Crazies.


Yeah, it’s a little picture, but it gets bigger if you click it.


Sunblock is great, but nothing (except maybe a parasol) beats a hat to keep the sun off your face. Today, I’m going out at lunchtime to buy a few props and complete my photography homework. Maybe I’ll see you out and about downtown Cincinnati on this lovely, sunny day. You’ll know me. I’ll be the one in the hat.


I’ll also be the one wearing a silly expression

12 comments:

C said...

I love the ruffle detailing on your blouse! And those bright yellow pumps give your outfit a great pop of color. You look great!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Fantastic hat.... I keep thinking I need to invest in more hats.

YankeeClipper64 said...

I agree with Clare...the color & style of your shoes make this outfit "POP"...and that HAT takes it into ORBIT! --- I was never a hat person (my dad was) but I bought several hats last year and get compliments on them EACH time I wear one. The right hat really "makes" the outfit...as well as turn a few heads :) --- Bravo, Kasmira!

Anonymous said...

And what a fabulous hat it is .. totally transforms the feel of the outfit.

Academichic said...

This outfit is fantastic! That skirt is great on you and I'm a huge fan of the hat! S.

piglet said...

Very lovely and lady-like.
That blouse is gorgeous.

Just Rein said...

Too funny, I'm about to watch that movie right now "Days of Wine and Roses" from Netflix. Red ruffles so cute I love when necklaces look just as great as bracelets too.

Ally said...

That blouse is so sweet. I love the ruffles.

I'm a big fan of hats too. I like to bring my own shade! :)

Kasmira said...

Just Rein - I read the play and it was SO depressing. I don't think the movie is much more cheerful.

Academichic said...

I love this outfit - so simple and chic! -A

Milly said...

nice...the blouse with ruffles is cute....great pairing it with yellow pumps

tooblonde1 said...

you look like a million bucks in this outfit. a skirt and blouse seems so simple, but you look 6 feet tall. great silhouette!