Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miss Doasisaynotasido

I’ve always been a reader. I didn’t have a large collection of books as a child, so I reread my favorites over and over again. I probably first read The Water-Babies in third grade. While I was an ambitious reader, I tended to just skip over the longer words, so it took me many readings and years to realize the significance of the names of the two fairies in the story: Mrs. Doasyouwouldbedoneby and Mrs. Bedonebyasyoudid. (I merely thought of them as Mrs. D-- and Mrs. B-- .)

Cardigan, TJ Maxx. Sweater, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Chaus Sport (thrifted). Furry collar, thrifted. Tights, Miss Sixty. Booties, Madden Girl.

If I were to meet Tom under the sea and have a style adventure, I’d be Miss Doasisaynotasido. Never wear black and navy or brown and gray together. Never break up the leg line. And, at all costs, avoid horizontal stripes and any embellishment that adds bulk to your bum.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rufflebutt skirt! LOVE it.

Marie said...

Rules are made to be broken- or have ruffles and stripes thrown over them.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

TP said...

The ruffles skirt is so cute and I am so in love with those tights!

WendyB said...

Love your butt ruffles!

Theressa Lauw said...

Love the butt ruffle skirt. I think you're perfectly entitled to being Miss Doasisayandnotasido because you can pull off outfits which others cannot.

daniel john said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
...bill said...

Those are fun. I wouldn't say they break up the leg at all. Maybe because there are few enough 'stripes' that they actually help 'describe' the shape of the leg (as opposed to some busy lace-type patterns that basically camouflage it.) Plus the thin stripes make the 'pattern' look more delicate.

Black and navy seem risky, but gray and brown look great together, I think!

andrea said...

Just came a cross your blog! I'm so excited. I love your fashions! I must inquire though, exactly which Madden Girl booties are these? I've had passionate hate for them... until I just saw yours... please advise!

Kasmira said...

andrea - I don't know the style name. I'll look inside the shoe to see if it is listed.

andrea said...

Awesome, thanks!

Unknown said...

<3 it! Thank you so much for sharing, you are an inspiration!