Sunday, September 20, 2015

Richmond Grove

I spent a few hours today touring historic homes in the Richmond Grove area of Sacramento. Another 40 B4 40 adventure completed!


Tee, Disney. Shorts, Audrey. Boots, Franco Sarto (consignment). Sunglasses, Meow Meow. Belt, thrifted. Bag, vintage.


Home and garden tours satisfy my voyeur urges. I’m insatiably curious about strangers’ private lives. My favorite house on the tour was the one that appeared most lived in, even though the owners had only been in the home for less than a year. I could easily imagine myself living in this artist house full of antiques, musical instruments, engineering projects, and natural artifacts. We weren’t allowed into this studio room, but I wanted to cross the threshhold, sit down, and start making.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same. There's a home renovation tour in my city each spring that raises funds for a youth organization and I go every few years to get a glimpse of how other people live. There are always one or two gems with amazing ocean views that I'd never get to see otherwise.

MC