Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Running for Doggies

My dogs are doing a great job of keeping me in shape. I take them on individual, 2-mile runs three days a week. One day a week, we go on a tandem 4-mile run. (This is super embarrassing because 100 lbs of excited border collie drags me down the street. I try to do this under the cover of darkness so that my neighbors don’t see the spectacle. Thankfully, the excitement wears off after the first mile, but returns every time we see a bicycle, another dog, or cross a street with an auditory signal.) I kind of dread tandem Thursdays. Today was an easy, individual Wednesday.


Vest, AC-3998 (cut from a thrifted jacket). Shirt, American Apparel. Dress, Rugby Ralph Lauren. Tights, Me Moi. Boots, Audrey Brooke (consignment). Earrings, Chaming Charlie.


Because Jackson is extra fluffy (in more ways than one), he gets thirsty on his runs. He is just tall enough to use the drinking fountain at the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of Jackson getting a drink!

I'm thinking of starting walking/jogging with my little dog, though I'm not sure we can go as far as you do. She's very tiny and I'm way out of shape!

~J

C said...

oh yeah, my dog is into drinking fountains too... I rinse a little afterward, but some folks are aghast at this.... he also does not get it when they turn fountains off for the winter (: